Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday the 13th...My Lucky Day

Well, I am sure that Friday the 13th was unlucky for some of you cats, but this cat scored well today...First the morning started with a beautiful sunrise and then a Bald Eagle flew in front of my truck in New Pekin first thing this morning and then was kind enough to land in a tree where I could get a couple of shots at him.  Then there was an eagle in the nest at Starve Hollow, It was a long shot and I wasn't able to tell if there were eggs or eaglets in the nest but she appeared to be busy.  I also scored a nice Redwing Blackbird squawking at me, a Yellow Rumped Warbler, a Canada goose nesting, 33 turtles sunbathing in one pond...yes I said 33!!,  and a couple of other birds as well...all in all it was a Lucky 13 for me.






Memphis Sunrise
Memphis Sunrise

Bald Eagle in Nest near Starve Hollow Recreation Area 
Canada goose nesting



Red Winged Blackbird


Song Sparrow
20 turtles sunbathing

13 turtles sunbathing

Yellow Rumped Warbler at Starve Hollow

1 comment: